I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to attend the 2015 Zenith Social Media Marketing Conference in Duluth, MN. It was such a great experience and cool to see so many people who are passionate about digital marketing. The room was constantly filled with energy and enthusiasm! I am so excited to dive headfirst into this industry and continue learning and growing as a young marketing professional. Here are some of the key takeaways I learned from many fantastic digital minds.
- Social media IS our lives – what can we do to make it better? Create space in our social media life for opportunity.
- Do more of less, and do more WITH less.
- In 2014, we spent more time on mobile devices than on desktop computers.
- The importance of YouTube: YouTube is the world’s #2 search engine, and YouTube is the 2nd most used smartphone app after Facebook.
- The 4 main Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of Social Media:
Conversion, Amplification, Applause, Economic Value
- Learn to love Google Analytics.
Use Google Analytics to show the value of web traffic through social channels.
- The #1 activity used on LinkedIn is Who Viewed Your Profile.
- Treat the above fold on your LinkedIn profile as if it were a banner ad.
- A great brand is easy to love.
- A personal touch is priceless.
Speakers: Lisa Buyer, Emily Grossman, Dana Haesemeyer, Kendall Bird, Marty Weintraub, Joanna Lord